View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tah View Post
It's not about habit. It's out of our hands. For many people, bosses, client, or external forces shape priority. While we can try to manage expectations, there is a limit. So yes, I'd love to manage only by context, but in my business it is not realistic 50% of the time.
I disagree. I think a lot of it is habit. We respond the same way we've always responded because it's easier, comfortable. We all have bosses, clients and external forces competing for our time. In spite of that, however, many of us here are quite successful with OF and GTD. Perhaps a more fruitful discussion would be for you to provide us with some typical scenarios that you encounter in your day that you are struggling with in terms of how best to use OF to help you. One question first though: Have you read David Allen's GTD book? If not, you may want to actually do that before posting specific questions to this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tah View Post
Now I don't think "priority numbers" are useful. OF does this inherently by physical ranking. But better "heads up" planning views and time-lining would be welcome. We can't always spent our time "heads down" on just the next few tasks.
That's what weekly reviews are all about. They are an important component of the GTD methodology, and if you're not doing them then you're going to get into trouble. OF has some built-in review perspectives that make the process easy. In VIEW>CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR, drag the following two icons to your toolbar: REVIEW and MARK REVIEWED. Click DONE, and then click on the REVIEW perspective to get a sense of what it does. Post again if you need help with that.