View Single Post
One of the best parts of having the OF iPhone app is being able to quickly enter tasks in on the go.

However, the task input, while fully featured, is quite slow to use (lots of tapping around and selecting from lists.)

What I really like is the email to OmniFocus feature on the Mac where you can write an email with as little or as much info as you want and it's intelligently parsed into OF (i.e. with > indicating project etc...)

It would be really awesome if the iPhone app could do the same, i.e. you can use a quick "text only" input to quickly enter a task into the system rather than having to use the feature-rich but slow interface.

At the moment I have a workaround where I use a "quick email tool" (Captio in my case) on the iPhone configured to send an email to my +omnifocus address. This then gets received on my Mac by using Mail actions and inserted into OF.

While this works really well, it's a bit fiddly as it requires my Mac to be on, and Mail to be running when really what I'm trying to do is just really quickly add something to OF from my phone.

Build this feature and I'll buy you a beer.

Cheers,
Ganesh

Last edited by gshankar; 2011-05-23 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: added feature request title