View Single Post
Hi Joe and Steve,

I don't know if this will help, but I had similar needs here, with the complication that I didn't want some people to "mess up" my OF structure.

What I did is I created a perspective for each member (or project, by focusing on the project), then I export each daily in html and display on a shared web page. This way I still can benefit from OF (on my computer and my iphone) people know what they need to do, and can check it on the web server at any time. True, it is not "real time" but I'm looking into whether a script can help me automate this as I make bigger changes. I am not a script person, however, so I'm not so sure how that will turn out ;)

Granted, this still isn't ideal and probably only good for small organizations, but it still is better than some of the other project management programs I have tried. The other project management tools lacked two-way sync with ical or didn't have iphone compatibility.

I have to say there is large gap in the software marketplace for this now...

For larger team needs, you could try syncing OF to ical, and then ical syncs to the program Merlin, which multiple users can access and use. Changes in Merlin can sync back to ical and then to you in OF. I'd love to plug OP here, but multiple users can't use OP right now. It's a lot of runaround, but it is the only other realistic solution I have come up with. :)

Just food for thought!

Last edited by CorgiGirl; 2008-09-25 at 03:57 PM..