View Single Post
First off, welcome to the forums!

You know, I actually never noticed the lack of a badge there. I haven't actually spoken to the folks that designed that feature yet, but I suspect that's intentional. (I'll post again if I turn out to be wrong on this!)

An advantage of the current approach is that it helps separate your planning-mode from your doing-mode. The two activities require separate mindsets and mixing them tends to produce sub-optimal outcomes. The items we currently badge are somewhat urgent - "hey this is due soon or overdue". A "needs review" badge isn't quite at the same level - in most cases that would fall into the "important but not urgent" box.

That said, I could imagine a generic "hey, you haven't reviewed in a while" badge popping up there after some period of time, to encourage folks to develop a good habit. Would that work for your purposes?

Personally, I would find a "you have X projects to review" badge more distracting than helpful, but I'll be happy to write up a feature request for that if it's the only thing that would work for you... Thanks!