View Single Post
I note others have requested an accounting package of some sort from Omni Group but this request goes a little further. I’ve been searching for years for a Mac-centric integrated payroll, timesheets and general accounting package. Omni Group are the only company I know of who could be relied on to pull such a package off well, notwithstanding their need to pay some attention to existing software.

I work for small/medium size architects firm in London UK and ever since we kitted the office out with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server and Power Macs I’ve been searching for the above software panacea with no luck.

I’ve been hoping that Apple would build something into Mac OS X and Server but that’s probably wishful thinking.

There’s quite a bit of software out there but none of it manages to get the formula right. What we’re after is:

- a client/server timesheets system that one can input (project-based) times either via a web browser (bit like http://www.clicktime.com/timesheet-demo1.asp) and/or with a simple app (most current apps are too complex or seem to be aimed at one-man-bands, with hourly rates included, or automatic timers, neither of which are that useful in a medium/large business)
- an management app that you can use to create timesheet reports and add hourly charge out rates, etc., do the payroll and all other accounting stuff.
- ideally it would all be packaged in such a way as to be ready for any national market
- you could maybe start it all off as just a timesheets app?

Pretty please....