View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yann View Post
you have to go in cPanel and create a new webdisk, then cPanel will even create a bookmark for you that you can use to login via Finder to make sure it's working properly.

Don't use the SSL + port 2078 but the HTTP (not HTTPS) @ port 2077
1) I already have web disk access (to the root of my directory: "/") with my cPanel username *without* "@domain.com" I believe this access came default in cPanel. When I choose to access it, the bookmark works and I have Finder access. However for iOF WebDAV sync to work, I am correct in assuming that the directory need to be off public_html, e.g., "/public_html/omnifocus"? (I have already created a "username@domain.com"-style account for Web Disk access, so that's no problem.)

2) Re the tip about *not* using SSL, when choosing to Access Web Disk in cPanel, does the "SSL (recommended)" checkbox have any effect on the iOF accessing the directory, or is that only relevant to how OS X accesses it (and mounts it on the desktop)? (See the end of my message for the cPanel info.)

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

Bob

"Access Web Disk

Select an Operating System from one of the drop lists to access your Web Disk. You'll need to save the file and then double click on it to run it. Once you run the file, your Web Disk will appear on your desktop.

Note: Ports 2078 (SSL) or 2077 (non-SSL) will need to be allowed on your computer's firewall to use the Web Disk."