View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
I'm all for making things easy for entries. If Omni can make things easier, then I'm all for it. The current way doesn't bother me as much - that's all.

Omni can't win in this one. The Mac version gets criticized so much for not "great looking" compared to Things for a long time.

So, I'm sure if Omni followed your suggestion, others will criticize Omni for not making it "pretty."

Perhaps Omni can provide options for differnt fonts, font sizes, background color, etc.

Then it will make most people happy.
Right, so they always focused on function over form and that is why we use Omni products (I own all of them) because for us they are tools, not pictures.

I just think they got a little too "designy" in this last round and need to go back to the roots of "functiony" because that is their strength and what has made them successful.

If people want pretty, someone is always going to out-pretty Omni Group, but they have always won with function and features, ease of use and cutting to the core of the task and leaving out the bells and whistles.

BZ