View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptizzl View Post
Those seem like great questions...
-I want to be able to use and understand my system. It needs to be very accessible. I want it to be one single system.
-Net based access when I think of it is more of a "want" than a "need" I mean I really will only be accessing it from my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. But the idea of being able to access it anywhere is intriguing.
-I think a great user base is really important. Where else would I find the answers to these kinds of questions?
-I am just now starting to research the GTD systems instead of large lists of single items, and projects consisting of multiple items.
-The perfect system would make me feel more organized and calm. I have a fairly hectic schedule and This would relieve a large burden. One big thing for me would be notifications, which I don't see in omni. I would like something to beep at me and say,"submit files online" at a certain time. I also don't want to see things that can't be done now. For example, if I need to submit my paper online every Sunday, I don't want to see that on Saturday, and similarly, I would like an alert at say 1:00 telling me what to do...

Overall, to me, all of these systems seem so similar. Things was working well for me, but that was when I was using it primarily on my iPhone, and leaving my computer at home. I would walk in the door and sync it. Now I have all three devices with me most of the time, and want them to all stay in sync.
Omnifocus has great Growl integration on the Mac at least, so you can set it up to display a notification and play a sound when an event is due, overdue, or available.

And no program I've found makes it as easy to enter a start date as Omnifocus does. A repeating task with a start date of Sunday at 1:00 and a due date of say Sunday at 10:00 with Growl will do exactly what you asked: display a notification and a sound exactly when you need (or want) to do something.