View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Make yourself a context mode perspective that groups by start date, sorts by due, and shows remaining actions. Close the group for "Start any time". Now you'll just see the items that have an actual start date assigned, and actions that are blocked by earlier actions in a sequence but don't have start dates of their own will be in the "Start any time" group. It isn't perfect, but it works pretty well.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I'm doing. But since I tend to populate lots of start times in projects that I'm doing over the next few days, it doesn't accomplish so much. I suppose you do make a good point though-- if I try not to assign start times to any but the next action in a group, I can get much of what I want.

I'm new to OF and the forum, but I know I saw at least one online blog that suggests using start dates the way I do. Are many people doing this? If so, a sensible future feature might be "intended date" that captures this idea in the right way instead of forcing an imperfect abuse of "start date." Is this already a feature others are requesting?