View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Hi Derek :-)

All boils down to resource constraints, I think.
I expect you are trying to explain Omni's position. I disagree. "Resource constraints", "over-stretched", etc, are the excuses of small companies. I am of the old school. Large companies with a long-term plan do not make change their long-term resourcing; they do not remove their QA; they fix all bugs, period.

Quote:
(Incidentally, I seem to remember some careful elaborations of why you were sticking with OG4 - perhaps you have upgraded since then, but if not, do think about it - the product can only progress if we go on paying the rent ...)
That was years ago. I still have OG4 on the laptop. But since then, I have OG5 on two desktops. And the laptop is about to be upgraded.

No problem with paying the rent. But as of today, for reasons stated above, I have a serious problem with $200 for a s/w product where they do not fix bugs. I have recommended OG to many organisations without conditions, but from now on, since I work in Australia/NZ, I am obliged to clearly identify that they do not fix bugs as expected of professional s/w.

Cheers
Derek