View Single Post
@wilsonng: I certainly don't schedule every task but I must schedule the big ones. My schedule is often quickly occupied by having to be part of some advisory board/conference call. If I do not plan my big tasks (rocks) several weeks ahead, my calendar is going to be plastered with all sorts of stuff from others. I get a lot of "I need you on this call at such and so date, can you make it?" Most of these requests are genuine/valid, but if I constantly say yes to them, I won't get anything else done.

Planning once a week, several weeks ahead works well for me. Tasks may turn out to require more or less time that is fine with me. I simply add follow up tasks if needed or shift other stuff in the calendar a bit if I need to make a deadline or put in some simple tasks if I have time left over.

OF appears to have no connection between recognizing tasks and actually scheduling them. It seems to assume that ones calendar is entirely blank in the morning... Weird. OF has part of a schedule: the start and due date (which should have been start, stop and due dates IMHO). So clearly, omni does recognize that tasks need to be scheduled at some point. But OF does not make it easy to link/sync these to the calendar. It does due dates - that is nice, but is is not a schedule.

Its all a bit clunky to me...