View Single Post
I'm a new user, mostly very happy with OOP3. But I'm trying to create a style that I can apply to specific lines with a hot button, and I simply can't figure out how to do it. I've read the documentation, and I've read all the posts in this thread. Derek, I understand that it seems simple to you, but I agree with the users who say that the explanatory posts have only made it increasingly clear how very complex and difficult the styling process is.

I am a user of MS Word, and although I'm not fond of very many things about it, the styling process is very simple. You build on styles which already exist, and in the process you are given opportunities to change any or all features of the original style. You give your new style a name, and it is then available to you, from a dropdown box or by keyboard command, at any time. (And it is applied only where you want it to be applied, and not elsewhere.)

I have tried any number of ways to create a new style; it's in the list in the styles drawer, but it doesn't seem to actually have any effect on anything. I can live without this, but it seems like there ought to be a comprehensible way to do it.