View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
vano, assuming you are using the default settings, your OmniFocus files are going to be in:

1. ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus
2. ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist
3. Wherever your Backup location is set in the OmniFocus>Data preferences (I think I changed mine to ~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups so I can't say what the default is for that - you could make that a folder on an encrypted disk image very easily, so long as you have it open before launching OmniFocus).
4. If you are synching to a WebDAV server, wherever the database is located in the OmniFocus>Sync preferences.
Thanks for the info, so I guess the idea is to symlink (in the case of 1 for example, it would be symlinking the whole OmniFocus dir to the encrypted fs) correct? I guess there is no better way, right?

Regarding FileVault, the problem is that if it gets corrupted (and it does get corrupted when you run low on disk space, when going into standby goes wrong or etc.) you are pretty much out of luck. It has bitten me twice already. Also if it matters, FileVault uses sparse bundles, which is not the same as a disk image.

Anyhow I am interested in putting this inside an encrypted filesystem (MacFUSE with EncFS).