View Single Post
Thanks for great ideas and suggestions here. I have a different perspective though. I have also used LifeBalance quiet a bit, and it has its advantages/disadvantages. Having projects show up when their action items are great, but if there are no action items at the moment, I had to assign a different place and close it so that it doesn't keep appearing in my to-do list. Of course, next time I assign an action item, I need to make sure their places (contexts in OF term) is changed back . . . This might be similar to KC's suggestion of assigning "review" contexts to projects. The difference is that LB allows you to hide certain places (contexts) so that it's out of your visual cue.

One of the biggest complaints I have heard about OF from people is that it's too complex. I think some of your suggestions might be great for power users, but more confusing to most users.

The solution to turn it on/off globally using the preference set is a step forward, but I wonder if we could make that perspective specific. In other words, that option is stored at the perspective level, and users can control whether they want to turn it on/off based on their needs for the particular perspectives. I don't know if this is feasible or not to program, but I thought I threw in the idea.

For now, I have a macro that turns the option on/off before it fires off the perspectives so that I can have more control.