View Single Post
Curt,

Thinking some more about the whole thing, I believe your suggestion is optimal—both simple for beginners and powerful for those folks who rely on the software for complex projects.

I very much hope the Omni crew will listen to our plea, which after all seems to enjoy consensus more or less. Really, all we are asking for is a hard-wired bin for projects and action groups. Omni produces very elegant software, and pretty much everything is well thought-out; I am sure they realize that the present situation is not tenable in the long term. It's analogous to a stunning Armani shirt with a thick spaghetti sauce stain near the collar.

Speaking of GANTT graphs, in another life I'd had formal training in operations research—and like you subsequently worked as a project manager—so I understand what you mean. That was back in the mid-90's, long before OmniPlan, I believe :-)

Now, how do we make sure that the developers are aware of this suggestion? And can we hope that it will say the light of day before 1.9 ?

Last edited by macula; 2010-02-20 at 07:40 AM..