View Single Post
I've looked over how 1.8 works and I've thought carefully about how I might be able to use the new feature of parents and inbox items in the context view and for me the solution is simple.
Please make the visibility of inbox items and parents in context view optional for both the mac and iphone clients. That way the power users can have what they are looking for and I can have what I want also.

I want to be able to throw ad hoc ideas into my inbox and not be bothered with them till I'm ready to process my inbox. (seeing inbox items in context view is distracting and it makes the no context container useless as a method of catching the actionable items I may have missed)

I want to be able to plan in project view. I don't want to plan in context view. I want to be able to burn through a list of things to do. If I want to focus on a project, I'll switch to project view and work from the project list.

I never use default context for projects or action groups.

I have tried my best to understand the new logic but having to specify a default context completely turns me off. Plus it seems to give default context a dual meaning. It's now a context for the project/action group and a default context for the actions.

My vote is to make the visibility of projects, action groups and inbox items in context view optional and for the sake of the folks that don't hang out on the forums and have no idea what's coming, please make the default setting to be off.