View Single Post
I do remember back in the day when this action group or subproject thing was added it functioned in several different ways during the beta and the behavior that was settled on for version 1 was described as a compromise. I think that the version 1 behavior, whether a compromise or whatever, ended up being more flexible than the current behavior.

Without a doubt, some action groups that are part of sequential projects are incompletely planned and so the action group itself has to be completed before the project can move on. The way that I’ve handled such circumstances until now is to have an action at the end of the group to review the group and make sure that nothing else needs to be done. This new solution instead puts an avalanche of action groups, not to mention projects, into the No Context group; makes the default context of the action group or project have two purposes, as sriggs pointed out, which are not always in alignment; and causes sequential projects, which I, at least, had been counting on moving forward, to apparently stall more, until I track down the blocking action group showing up in the no context list - in which there are now a lot of things.

Honestly, to me, it seems like the medicine is worse than the disease.