View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Ken actually explained the process in a fair bit of detail in the forums a few years back. It was pretty detailed.

Note the content.xml file isn't really the key part… Each client writes a file (which is .zip compressed) for every transaction. The "client" files track which client has received which transaction. When all clients have received a particular set of transactions (up to a point) they are incorporated into the main database file (which is XML) and removed.

This means if you have a client (or multiple) that don't sync for a while, you can get slow syncs as there are lots of small .zip files around that have to be reconciled and compared.

Anyway, I wish I could find Ken's post. Maybe someone will be kind enough to post a link to it. It's here, I just don't know the search terms. It was about 3 years ago, or so.
Hi Guys :O)

Thanks for getting back so quick - appreciate the help.

That is good to hear I'm thinking along right lines as in SQL Database with XML updates but still doesn't explain the exact mechanics of the update procudure - what to put in the client files etc.

Has anyone seen such a guide or post?

Many thanks again

Tim x