Thread: Omnifocus 2
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Wow, interesting, it sure does seem to suggest that! But I'm pretty sure that's not what I would have said—particularly not calling it "OmniFocus 2" (since, again, we haven't even decided yet whether to call it that or something else). I believe I simply said we were busy working on some major updates to OmniFocus—much like I did in my...
We're planning some major updates to OmniFocus for Mac, polishing up its user experience to match the ease of use and aesthetics of the iPad edition, adding the Forecast and Review modes which we introduced in the iPad app, and adding support for syncing projects with OmniPlan.
Back in January I was hoping we'd finish this work before the end of the year, and it's possible I said something to that effect at Macworld. But as I noted at the beginning of my first...

Our plans ...

I'd love to have Forecast on the Mac right now, of course, but I have no regrets about any of the other things we ended up doing instead.

Hi Ken,

I understand that you have plans butare unsure of version 2 release or what it will be called etc. I have held off on purchasing 1.9 due to the fact that i believe, or feel there should be a major update ie. v2.0 coming out. If you were to do what was done with OmniOuliner pro 3, where you can purchase now with a free upgrade when it is released, I know of about 6 people personally who would purchase the licence, and from reading forums, i see there are many posters in the same boat. (i recently bought OmniOutliner pro 3, due to the fact that omni are offering a free upgrade to version 4 when it is released, made the decision a no brainer ;-)

thanks for your consideration.
Dave