View Single Post
Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing OmniOutliner and am currently looking at the trial version. However, there is one functionality that I can't quite work out which would be a deal breaker for me. I'm a researcher and would like to use OmniOutliner for my literature review. I am currently using excel (see snap shot for how I work). Now, OmniOutliner seems to be so much easier to work with for this purpose, but one thing I can't figure out is how to reorganise all the information in a file by column. For example, when I work in excel, I might click on the 'date of publication' column in order to see all my entries chronologically, or I might click on 'name of journal' to see all the entires per journal. I've tried to do this in omnioutliner, but when I try to sort the number columns nothing happens (I go to 'keep sorted', and when I click on 'highest to lowest' or 'lowest to highest', nothing changes), and when I try to sort text columns, e.g. by name of publication, some of the columns will rearrange themselves but others won't and nothing ends up alphabetical. So, I'm confused.

Am I missing something, or does OmniOutliner not provide this functionality?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-16 at 14.19.09.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	2539