View Single Post
I spend significant amounts of my working life in a Windows-only environment, and have still not figured out a really sweet solution for keeping my task lists up to date while working away from my Mac. I was wondering if anyone had any brilliant ideas.

So far I have tried:

OF -> iCal -> iPod - this works well for making sure all my errands etc get done, but doesn't support easy creation of new actions and projects, and is a pain for very long lists of tasks as I can sort by context but not filter on it.

OF -> iCal -> Phone -> Outlook/Exchange -> Phone -> iCal -> OF - kinda works, I can add new tasks really easily, but new projects is not a go-er, and serious changes sometimes get srcewed up on the way back to OF (in particular repeating actions). Also my (Nokia) phone interface to tasks is not as sweet as my iPod's so it's not so pretty for ticking things off away from any computers.

Email -> OF - allows me to do a certain amount of planning, but not to change or update existing projects or to tick things off.

OF -> iCal -> .Mac - I can publish my actions to a web page, which is easier to check from a Windows machine than checking a long list on my iPod. I can't tick anything off, change or add anything.

Things I can't use:

iPhones aren't released for New Zealand yet

OF's web interface, I'd have to leave my laptop on at home which is not very realistic.

So, what has anyone else tried and enjoyed?

Anita

P.S. It's been the 8th here for 10 hours, I want a staggered release :)