View Single Post
Hi Johnsel,

Yes, I completely agree with you. I argued very similarly about "waiting" not being the same as contexts in my post

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...bie1702&page=5

but I felt I was being shot down a little with my suggestions and just accepted defeat by whpalmer4 overloading me with much irrelevant information, that just seemed to be missing my point....

My only solution was to accept the fact that this was not going to happen despite all my efforts, that there was little I could do to change it (some omnifocus users just seem so stuck in their windy ways, they don't seem to understand objective rationality anymore) and just adopt 'their' methods of coping (rather than managing).

I fully support you in this effort to alert the developers to rethink the ways of dealing with 1) 'waiting for a response from another party' - [custom workaround scripts from the community just don't do it for me! in a $70 software package], and 2) "single actions on hold, in stead of the entire project" and 3) easy to use tickler functionality.

If I look at my tasks, around 1/5 turn into "waiting for a response" actions once I have done my part to complete them. Changing their context to "waiting" robs them from their vital contexts. There must be another way to 'signpost them'. As I suggested - why not with a little tag with an (!) exclamation mark similar to the (") for the on hold symbol?!

OF is intuitive in so many ways, but how it deals with so frequently occurring "waiting for" STATES (not contexts) is in deed a bastardisation of contexts!

Please think this one through again developers =)

Thanks,

Robert