View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainInside View Post
You wrote that most of your things are projects.
I wonder how people do manage that, because since you have your area of focus as a Folder, and in that Folder you have Projects, it takes a lot of space on the left side of OF, when you open project. It is hard to go easily to another Folder. How I used to do things, that I had only bigger projects as an actual projects and my areas of focus were a single list tasks. If I had to do sequential I simply do it. You can do sequential "Action" in a single list bucket, if that Action has some "babies."
It only takes up as much space as you give it. You want a narrow sidebar, make a narrow sidebar. I use project view for adding to projects, usually not for executing the actions in the projects, so most of my time is spent in context view where the project folder structure is irrelevant.
Quote:
Plus it is easier because in project you have to type the "Completed" date, and in Single-action list you just click.
Huh? When do you have to type in the completion date? I click to complete an action, and to complete a project I select the project and press the space bar, or control-click and use the popup menu.
Quote:
1. Why do you prefer your approach? Where are advantages of your approach under mine?
Not really sure what your approach is, so it is difficult to compare. It's only important that my approach works for me; if seeing what I do leads you to a more effective approach for you (whatever that might be), great.
Quote:
2. If you use projects, why you don't have the project icon there? I am confused...
This is a context mode view. The general notion is that you use the project/planning view to structure your projects, but the context view is more useful for selecting which action (from all of your projects) to do next.
Quote:
Can you make a screen shot of your perspective(s) too?
The view bar shows most of the relevant settings in the screen shot. I've got the restore boxes for Focus, Layout, Expansion, and Selection checked on both perspectives so that I don't have to fiddle around to get the window back to my preferred setup.