View Single Post
I was able to pause a download (latest XCode) after ~145 MB and resume. Meanwhile, I was adding a self-signed certificate to my keychain and wanted to relaunch OmniWeb so it would take effect. D'oh! I forgot I had a download in progress, and when I quit OmniWeb instead of asking whether I wanted to interrupt my download it just quit. Oopsie.

Interestingly, the Downloads window showed the ~400MB I had downloaded before quitting, but when I hit Resume it started from the ~145MB point I'd previously reached. Aaargh! Even on the office T1, that ain't particularly pleasant.

Expected behavior, IMO:
Quitting OmniWeb with a download in progress should throw a dialog asking if I mean to do that.
If I do mean to interrupt the download, it should save the current state of the download.
If I do interrupt the download, upon next launch of OmniWeb I should get a dialog asking if I want to resume my interrupted download.* The dialog options should be Resume, Later, or Never with Later as the default and Never clearing the item from the Downloads window and deleting the partially-downloaded file.
*This should ONLY happen for downloads interrupted by an application quit, not for downloads that were manually stopped.