View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
There are a couple of things that you didn't mention that are necessary for the feature to work.

It isn't sufficient to simply add a location to the context; you also need to set a notification. If you edit the context, you should have a status field, a location field, and a Move button. If the location field doesn't have a line like "notification: when arriving" you don't have a notification set up. Tap on the location field to bring up the editor and add one.
I completely missed Notification button at the bottom of Edit Location screen. Thank you very much for pointing this one out to me! I just enabled notification for when arriving and will test it tonight.

I can see that with this change GPS activity icon stays permanently in the status bar at the top of iPhone's screen. I will keep an eye on battery usage, although I use Mophie Juice Pack Plus, so I doubt power drain will be an issue :-)

Quote:
Also, not all location specifications can do notifications. It has to be a single, fixed location, and so cannot be a search like "Home Depot" or "grocery store".
If I understand you correctly, you mean that it has to be a specific Home Depot store at particular location, not just a general "Home Depot" string entered as context, right? If so, I indeed have specific physical stores as context for location notification.

Thank you for your help!

GeorgeC