View Single Post
Hi All...

I know this question has been asked many many times by a lot of users out here.. I have read quite a bit on the forums etc but have not been able to find an answer to my questions.. sigh !
I have pretty much tried every task management APP out there but not happy with any.. Omnifocus definitely tops the list and I am sure it is very very powerful..

Before I get to my question wanted to include a little bit about myself to help put my request in perspective.

I am a technical marketing engineer, work for an IT company and primarily responsible with building collateral, presentations, whitepapers etc.. end up attending a lot of meetings.. and doing different things..
Sometimes I end up spending the day in my Inbox..

The way I work is purely based on "whats imp at that time"..
How do I decide it.. Agh thats always a struggle. I tried Franklin coveys methodology of breaking it down to A,B,C.. I tried the GTD concept but really struggle with Contexts..
What I end up doing is just work based on when things are due and always end up being in a reactive mode of things..

What I want to achieve from OF is the ability to be Pro-active with my to-dos..

So now some specific questions..
- How do I use contexts based on what I mentioned above.
I am always in front of my computer (spend about 12 hours at work)
Am online all the time
Dont need to use the phone much
Dont rely on other people..

Will appreciate some help here with contexts.. I have tried using the start dates and due dates.. but again all the dates are so fluid I cant use this strictly.. I love the flag feature and so far I have been able to accomplish getting things done today based on items I flag..

Thanks again..
Pash