View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz1 View Post
Just getting to reply to this now, but I'm afraid I don't quite follow this. Why would you make an SAL called Daily Pet Care, rather than a Project? After all, aren't all the actions related together to the larger goal of taking care of the pet?
Well, the actions are related together to the goal of taking care of the pets, but many of them aren't related to each other all that closely. The stuff involving maintaining the water for the fish doesn't have much to do with feeding the cats (no, the cats don't eat the fish :-)

But mostly it is what Brian said about projects with outcomes vs. collections of tasks with no particular near-term outcome. It's just the way I happen to approach the tool, and if the distinction doesn't make sense to you, you have my blessing to go off muttering into the night about people making mountains out of molehills. What's most important is that you understand how the tool behaves so that you can trust it and use it in a fashion that makes sense to you. There are some subtleties in the behavior of SAL vs. parallel project, which I touched on (okay, landed on like a sack of wet cement) in the other current SAL thread, another Single Action List vs Project question.