View Single Post
I purchased the new iPad so I could use Omnifocus at work, and very happy with most things.

I have set up folders for the different areas of life, and in the Work folder, I have a different folder for each of the clients I manage.

When I use the Context view, I am having trouble trying to work out what client the action belongs to.

On the Mac, in the Context view, when I hold the cursor over the Project, and it shows the entire path (Work: Client A: Project 1). It’s easy to see what client the action relates to.

On the iPad, in the Context view, I can see the Action and the Project, but no way to see what folder that action is sitting in (and therefore no way to see what client the action relates to).

The problem is a number of projects and actions are replicated for each client. I could have an Account Planning project, containing “Enter Financials” as the action, for 10 different clients.

Is there any easy way to see what folder the action is in when I use the Context view? Do I need to change my layout/structure, and come at this from another angle?

As a work-around, I have set up a Perspective for each client. I Focus on the client’s folder, then go to the context screen and save the perspective.

Really enjoy all the knowledge shared on the site, and any feedback/assistance would be great.