View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
From that thread:
Because I experience the same thing in Shiira with 10.4.7

And "equinox" also said i think this is not only a safari problem. it seems, that it is a system wide problem since 10.4.7.

There's also no definitive answer in that thread.
[Forrest:] What you quote is a part of equinox' first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox at MacNN on 06-30-2006, 01:15 AM

I got the same problem but only with the two-finger touchpad scrolling! the sidetrack scrolling seems ok! i think this is not only a safari problem. it seems, that it is a system wide problem since 10.4.7. is this problem somehow related to the problem with the 10.4.7 delta upate and the missing opengl files?
[Last edited by equinox: 06-30-2006 at 01:32 AM.]
You should have read also what he wrote two days later:

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox at MacNN on 07-01-2006, 11:44 AM

In Shiira everything seems normal. No problems. Do you have found a solution for this? i reinstalled the 10.4.7 combo-update but this did not solve anything. this bug(?) is really annoying and i wonder why all the others don't have this problem. Didn't they notice it or do they simply not have this problem?
If this really was a problem of 10.4.7, it couldn't be solved by using Safari 2.0.3 instead of 2.0.4, I guess. (Of course, if someone would run Safari 2.0.4 on 10.4.6 (if that's possible), we'd know for sure if it's a Safari issue or not.)
Anyway, I used SP 17 on 10.4.7, and I use beta 1 on 10.4.7; and beta 1 is as slow as 5.1.3 while SP 17 was a lot faster. But maybe that's a problem of my configuration. Or maybe you guys have too fast Macs to experience the difference.