View Single Post
I'm using the latest build of OmniFocus (1.1 sneakypeek (v77.10.0.105369)) on my MacBook Pro and OmniFocus for my iPhone 3G. I'm syncing through MobileMe, and have my iDisk syncing with a local copy on each of (4) different Macs. At present, I'm only using OF on one of those Macs and my iPhone.

Every couple of days, the sync functionality in OmniFocus is getting hosed for some reason. I'll get the following error on the Mac:

Unable to read document.

No root transactions found in "https://idisk.me.com/<myusername>/Documents/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus/".

Note that <myusername> is used above to prevent broadcasting my MobileMe user name.

I can then go to my iDisk and delete or rename the OmniFocus.ofocus document, and then sync works again, but sooner or later it stops working.

I have read that some people have turned off local iDisk syncing, which seems to help, but I have yet to find a definitive post from the Omni folks that says, "you can't sync with MobileMe if you have iDisk sync turned on". Since I need to be able to sync with a local copy of my iDisk, I'd like to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Why does sync break for me every few days?
Can I or can I not reliably sync between OF on my Mac and OF on my phone, and still have local iDisk sync functionality?

Thanks,

Adam