View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Schoonover View Post
Red numbers are the equivalent of DANGER: ROCKS FALLING AHEAD signs when you're driving. If you have overdue tasks, we want them to really stand out and hit you over the head. Like a rock, sort of. Hmm. I'm mixing my metaphors I think.

Anyhow, they are *highly* visible intentionally. I'd recommend triaging those projects. If they aren't really overdue, then it's time to fix their dates. If they are overdue but not really "in play" anymore, just set their status to "dropped". If they are none of the above... then they are really top, critical items (anything that has a hard landscape date associated with it is so) and should be addressed before anything else.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that once you've triaged like that, you'll find many of those red items will be gone, your projects will be in better state, and you'll have better focus on your work.

I'm guessing you don't want us to add the giant flashing light and klaxon? ;-)
I see your point Ethan, as I said, I got a lot of little things done today that were 'overdue', I would keep the numbers if there was a preference.

However, I don't like the way they are displayed/counted; I think that they should only be displayed next to the project that the overdue items are in - and not all the parent folders as well. Eg/ I have a folder called 'Home', in it is a folder called 'Life Control' which has a project 'Change voting address'. This project has an overdue due date, so its three actions are overdue. Thus, because I have one overdue action I have three big marks saying that I have 3 things being overdue - at a quick glance I can't tell from the interface that it is the 'voting' project that is overdue; because of the nature of the list I first look at home, then 'life control' and then find which project is overdue.

Oh, and it would be great to be able to only repeat items on 'work' days - at the moment I have some daily repeating tasks that I get to just click off for the weekend but from now on they are going to Scream at me through great big numbers.