View Single Post
I have a similar problem.
I use OF on Mac at home, and OF on iPad/iphone at work (my workplace is windows lands).

At work, majority of my action items comes from emails and we use Windows Outlook 2010 email client.

Everyday I will mark all emails that require actions with "Now,Next,Later,Waiting for" labels while reference emails are moved to general reference folders, and emails with no values are trashed, keeping my Inbox with 0 emails everyday (Inbox should just be a processing container).

My BIGGEST dilemma is whether I should be moving all these actions that i marked in Outlook into my OF iPad so i can have a single task management system?

Should i be trashing these emails after i typed into my iPad OF?
Typing into OF will take alot more time, and having to decide to keep the emails or not takes time too.

However I want to be able to mark and track the "Waiting for" emails as soon as the delegate replies.

Currently I am keeping 2 systems, OF and my Outlook tasks, which is not a good GTD practice.

The best solution would be having a Windows OF but i doubt this is going to happen anytime soon.

Meanwhile, can someone share with me their experiences working in a Windows workplace with iPad/iphone OF? How do you handle emails action items?