View Single Post
I tend to pile too many events into my Fridays, as well. It's just so easy to type into those date cells. :-)

I deal with that by doing mid-week mini-reviews, using a perspective set up this way in the perspective window:
View Mode: Context
Restore: Focus, Layout, Expansion

Focus: <my work-related contexts>
Context Sidebar: Remaining
Group by: Due
Sort by: Due
Duration: Any
Flagged: Any

This gives me a window with all my due actions (available or not) visible, sorted and grouped by due date. The "due within the last" buckets are open in the outline, as are "Due yesterday/today/tomorrow" and "Due in the next week". Everything else is hidden.

I use this view as a sort of "week at a glance". I'll selectively move things up from the "Due in the next week" bucket if I'm ahead of the game, or if tomorrow looks like I'm going to be swamped, I'll see if I can push things off.

For me, a couple of mid-week corrections help smooth out the bumps in the road. I can't often predict what Friday will look like on Monday, but my guesses on Wednesday or Thursday have a much better success rate.

Works for me, but by no means perfect. I can see how my approach would bug the heck out of someone that preferred a set-it-and-forget-it approach to scheduling, for example. :-)