View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I keep someday/maybe items in two places. First, as Toadling does, I will sometimes generate a project in OF and then put it on hold, or put it in a folder that's dropped. But I keep a separate someday/maybe list in an OmniOutliner document too, and review it from time to time when I want to focus on potential things to do rather than actual things that need to get done.

Reference material I keep outside of OmniFocus, except for short notes to myself that I know I won't need after I complete an action. For my scholarly research I use DEVONThink Pro; for most other reference material I use Journler, which has a scheme for linking to individual entries. I just copy the link in Journler and paste it in the notes field of the OF project or action, so I can, in a flash, open the reference.
Thanks for that! I checked out Journler - seems great - will toy arround.
I know that finding the "perfect" app is impossible and we all have to spread our activities over several specialized appz - just, I don't want to spread out and loose the "trusted and quick-enough system" that gtd builds on.
I have tried many appz before Indmaper, Outliner, notes, things - problems is that one ends up with 4-8 appz youst to support ones day - and atleast for me..i know my mind will hog the psychic RAM reminding me where I can find everything...and i got thoss appz just NOT to have to do that.
I'm just venting my mind here. i know many appz are needed but i appreciate your views an sharing OF so I can fit this app to te true GTD methodology.