View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotung
There is nothing stopping the nesting from being handled by naming conventions by using an OmniFocus group. You just wouldn't need the conventions on the top level contexts.

Plain Name = Top Level Context
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your suggestion, but this still doesn't solve the problem of iCal only allowing one level of nesting, ie, that you can't nest one calendar group in another. Once you make an OmniFocus group you're then committed to having a flat list of contexts in that group.

The other issue related to nesting that I'm having is that top level contexts won't display the contents of their children in iCal.

If I have the following context layout:

Errands
-Grocery Store
-Hardware Store

It will be put into iCal as OF: Errands, OF: Grocery Store, and OF: Hardware Store. If I then want to check what all my errands are from a palm I have to check both the Grocery Store and Hardware Store calendars, as well as any other Stores that I have under Errands.

This is a limitation in iCal, so I think the only way to get around it would be some way to customize the sync process. If there were a way to specify that all the tasks in child contexts of errands should get dumped into the Errands calendar during sync that would be a nice workaround.