View Single Post
I find this hard to discuss. I'm not sure anyone can easily discuss his/her organizational set-up with any sort of great ease or clarity, unless they've bought into a full-fledged system like GTD. The choice to do so is a decision people think they make rationally, but really it's more emotional. They buy in because the system somehow speaks to them and intuitively fits their bill.

IGTD somewhat fits my bill, but I can't buy the entire program, because it just doesn't completely speak to me. Part of that is that my intuition of what I need is the ability to dynamically rank priorities and always have quick access to several levels of higher-priority to-do items for any context or project I can see myself involved in at any given time.

If I were "in" GTD, I could speak out to someone like me with clear language and principles. But the thing is, it's a lot harder to speak "in" to someone in GTD explaining my needs and workflow, because natural intuitive workflows can't be summarized with clear language.

Does that make any sense?