View Single Post
I think it would be very difficult to be everything. Its specialty is a project and task manager for a single user.

For different parts of your GTD workflow, you'll need different tools. I'll use BusyCal for my calendar because I understand that OmniFocus is not great as a calendar program. The forecast view in the iPad and iPhone version is adequate but it won't be replacing a complete calendar program.

As a reference system, I don't think OmniFocus would really work. It is possible. I can imagine that I would have a folder with projects set to "On Hold" status. Then each project would have tasks that notes and such.

But I prefer DevonThink because it is better at document management.

Think of all these programs as a tool in a toolbox. You'll have different tools for different things. The toolbox can have a hammer, screwdrivers, drill, saw, wrench, and other tools. It would be hard to hammer a nail with a screwdriver.

Omnigroup will have to spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel if they want to do a calendar program or a document management program. I would rather let Omnigroup keep working on OmniFocus and then integrate with BusyCal and DevonThink to make a complete system.