View Single Post
Ok, regarding drawing of dependency lines overdrawing text... Sometimes I think it's just going to have to, but it would be nice if the horizontal lines could avoid text. The little shadow of background color around the text is the problem here, but it's really necessary to keep the text legible against whatever clutter there may be behind it. In 1.x we didn't have this problem because the lines were 1px wide and the line endings were relatively crude. The proper fix for this is probably to put one more pixel of vertical space between tasks, but my ears are still screaming from the last time we tried to give our views a little elbow room.

Maybe you could try this. The default Whole Document font size is 12 pt. Change to 11 pt. and compare. Now try 13 pt.

You'll notice a new feature, I think. The Gantt bars and row height change. If you want to go back to the font size of 10.0 pt that we used in 1.x, you can get almost as many rows in a window as you could then. But this is a digression.

There are little rounding differences as we try to make everything fit. At 11.0 pt, we steal a little space at the bottom and the turn as a horizontal dependency line connects w/ a task immediately below it w/ an arrow head get's a little smooshed. I think we might be able to adjust our algorithm so that the horizontal lines run consistently below the text shadow but that smooshing isn't so great either.

Fixed "Catch Up To Date" for ya.

-Tom