View Single Post
Hi all,

I have begun to skim the surface of using OmniFocus for the past few months, I have the iPhone client as well as the desktop, but I can't seem to dedicate myself to using it all the time.

I use it every once in awhile then I won't check it for a few days. I don't know exactly how the weekly review function works, and I don't know what best ways to put "projects" into the client and what projects in my life I'd put in it. I guess I'm just suffering from newbie-ness, even though I am familiar with the program, perspectives, and it's general use.

How do you all integrate OmniFocus into your daily lives; what are some examples of projects or areas of responsibility that you place in your OmniFocus client; what advice can you offer to help get me off to being dedicated to OmniFocus?

I am a very detail-oriented person and I would love to be able to dive in and STAY with the OmniFocus experience and life, but I can't help but drift every few days or so only to come back and try to get dedicated to using it again.

P.S. For some background, I originally purchased "Things." After a week of trying it out, it was way too simple - I enjoy nesting and the fact that Things did not support that along with not being able to sync via webDAV ruined any chance the program had with me. Then I discovered OmniFocus.. and it's just a matter of getting dedicated and knowing the best way to utilize it. I know most of you will say it's best to customize it to fit your needs, but I could use some great advice to hear how you all utilize it, how it is setup for you, and how you get yourself to stick to it daily.

Last edited by prominence; 2009-09-17 at 05:48 PM..