View Single Post
The app looks fantastic, and location awareness sounds really great (i.e. only show me work stuff when I am at work!) An amazing amount of potential...

I am worried about the syncing, however. The iCal syncing ToDo aspect never worked properly for me, and I realize this is due to the lame iSync engine. It is really unclear to me how the new version is going to sync with the a desktop machine via .Mac. or a web-dav server. I have found syncing of data like this to be one of the most complicated and troubling aspects of using a mac (not that its any different on the PC). The only solution appears to be server-side (i.e. IMAP for email) storage - no one seems to have been able to get syncing to work properly for databases on local machines (i.e. Chronos Notes, etc).

I would absolutely be thrilled if there was a solution to this problem, and I could update my Omnifocus data on either of my macs or my iphone and have the data synchronize properly on all 3.

I would actually pay a lot of money for this ability, come to think of it. If there was some way it could be incorporated into the new MobileMe system, that would be great too.

I just don't know of a single company that has solved this problem yet. I hope Omni has and will reveal to us how they have done it soon!!!