View Single Post
Hello, Brian and whPalmer.

I discovered this inconsistency when experimenting with my checklists.

Since I don't want to clutter the database with the same repeating tasks (which some are long routine maintenance tasks in the form of a list), I figured I'd just make a project for each checklist and put it on hold (non-repeating). Then, I just use a single task reminder with a link to the checklist to do the stuff in there.

I tried doing the lists in OmniPlan, but I didn't like it too much for this. I know the best tool for this would be to use OmniOutliner, but I need to watch my expenses because I need to upgrade my studio computers.

So, in the mean time, doing the checklists in OF works fine, except for that little shortcut inconsistency (once the list is all done, it would be nice to just select all and uncheck everything with the space bar once, so it's empty and ready for next time).

Brian: thank you for filing the bug with the Ninjas.

whPalmer4: You are correct, and I understand your reasons to discourage toggling like this. I discovered the potential problems you mentioned during my tests. But as far as I can tell, they are easily avoided by simply not repeating these tasks (checklists) in anyway, and only use a single repeating reminder task with a link to it whenever it needs to be done.

I admit OO looks sweeter by the hour :>)

Last edited by FMiguélez; 2011-07-17 at 07:59 AM..