View Single Post
Interesting, and I appreciate the detailed responses. The information you provided allows me to now go back and evaluate what the program is doing and change my habits if need be.

There is one question, however: how does OmniFocus sync every hour if it is in the background? Is that possible? My understanding is that iOS 4 will allow an app to finish a task when it goes to the background, but it can't initiate a task once it's there. Do I have this info wrong? In other words, if I have OmniFocus in the background, and it has been an hour (or more) since it last synced, will OmniFocus sync while it is still in the background?

To expand a bit: OmniFocus should be syncing one minute after any changes are made. Does this still happen in the background as well?

For example:

- I open OmniFocus and mark a task as completed.
- I close OmniFocus (so it moves into the background).
- One minute later (while OmniFocus is in the background), it syncs those changes.
- One hour after that (while still in the background), it syncs again.

Is this accurate? By your explanation, this seems to be the case, but seems to be contradictory to what I have understood about background processes in iOS 4.

Thanks.

EDIT: After reading your responses again, I think I might have misunderstood you, but I want to leave it posted as is just in case.

Last edited by ifonline; 2010-07-02 at 06:10 AM..