View Single Post
Hi
The following might be a little bit confusing.
I'm (relatively) new to OF and I made a couple of mistakes in the beginning. I used OF for collecting thoughts, notes and ideas primarily. So I decided to just start projects that I put into several folders with headlines like ToDo, Ideas, Notes, Info, Private, Business, Books,... Sometimes I created projects and added actions fitting the title of the project or the parenting folder sometimes the action was the project. I added a context of the same title to every project and/or action. Now I have tons of projects and actions and I am lost. So when I want to use OF now as what it is meant for - GTD - I am drowned in so many folders projects and actions that I cannot really use it. Instead of using OF I have to use Things from Cultured Code.

But because of I have marked every action with the same context like the parenting folders and projects before (ToDo, Ideas, Notes, Info, Private, Business, Books,...) every entry shows up in my context area.

I want to do the following: My plan is to keep of course all the actions I've got and convert projects to actions so that everything I ever put into OF only shows up in the in the context area. In my opinion I then would have an empty project area where I can then add only projects I really need to do. I could take actions from the context area and assign them to new projects I want to get done.

So the questions are:

1) How can I convert projects into actions to minimize the mass in my project area?
2) Can I convert folders or their content into actions?
3) How can I empty my projects area without loosing anything and keep everything in the context area?

Right now I make use of OF only as a kind of thought collection and when I want to get things done I use Things from Cultured Code as mentioned above. But I don't want to use 2 apps - I want to stick to OF as my only GTD software.

Please help ;-)

Vulgo