View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
The scope of each area reflects four views that I am testing now about what I see as I look at the broader scope of my life. The titles are just concise (and cute) ways I decided to label them. They could just as well be labeled Obligations That Routinely Arise to Steal My Time, Goals with Outcomes of Significance to Meet My Life's Purposes, Goals That I Want to Accomplish For Fun, Life-Changing Missions That I Want to Undertake

Within my paradigm, I considered your statements as goals rather than projects. I put those "projects" in to my categories for example only. Any one "project" (goal) in this set up in itself might spawn a slew of projects in OmniFocus.

So, the categories came first, then the goals where put in to them. Let me stress this another way in case it was not clear (and your response suggests it may not have been) ... Following my approach, the projects you have should not be used to make up categories for them. Rather, your life's desires and missions and purposes should generate the categories for you.

--
JJW
Thank you for the additional details here, that certainly helps clear it up a bit. I'm actually in the process of re-organizing my high level folders as a whole and trying to apply the concept of not letting my individual projects define the organization but rather my goals/wishes/hopes/dreams etc. It seems like this is exactly the point of finding what my "areas of focus" truly are.