View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr View Post
@Karel: Here is an OmniPlan 2 file with Tom's manual adjustments to Row Height. I should warn you that we didn't include it in OmniPlan 2.0 because it hasn't been fully tested, so it might not display/print perfectly. You can open this and "Save as Template" to make it quickly available. We are thinking about support for this for a later release.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group
This is a joke, right?

I am a Product Manager for a small software firm in Surrey, UK. Our typical development projects last for two or three months, but include a large number of resources, tasks, etc.

Having read about the "no pain, all gain" features of OmniPlan, I obtained a purchase order from my manager to purchase four copies of OmniPlan (yes, as I said, we are quite small at present).

Attempting to level a larger project led to OmniPlan 1.7 going into what appeared to be an infinite loop. Repeatedly.

"OK," I thought. "I shall download this OmniPlan 2.0 loveliness and see how it copes." Well, it levelled the plan beautifully.

Unfortunately, because of the massive amount of leading (or line spacing) between the lines, I cannot even view a single month's worth of tasks vertically without having to scroll.

Oh, believe me—my text is now really tiny. In fact, the spaces between the lines are bigger than the text that inhabits them.

Even on the large, pixel-dense screens that I have (my colleagues are not so lucky), your application is now unusable.

You have, with one simple and unexplained stroke, rendered OmniPlan 2.0 utterly useless and deeply unattractive.

And yet you are only "thinking" about support for small lines "in a future release".

Fair enough.

I was "thinking" about buying two upgrade licences and two new ones, plus buying "a future release": now I will not.

Tomorrow morning, I will cancel my Purchase Order.

P.S. The mono-coloured icons are less informative and more confusing than in OmniPlan 1.7.

P.P.S. Did you do any user testing on this at all?

Last edited by devilskitchen; 2011-08-16 at 04:13 PM..