View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
Surely that wouldn't make a lot of sense commercially as then Omni would be potentially losing sales of the far superior iPad app.
It's a good point, RiK.

However, the route Omni has followed (apart from OmniFocus) has meant they've lost the revenue stream of my upgrading OG, OGS & OO on the desktop, as well as upgrades for the same programs on my iDevices (if and when the App store permits it!). Likewise, I now won't be buying OO for the iPad when it's launched. For another Member's similar view on this issue, have a look at this post on the OO Forum.

If you accept, as do I, that the majority of Members who have posted to this thread aren't price sensitive, I'm not convinced that launching universal iPhone/iPad versions (prior to an iPad specific one) would have had that much impact on sales whereas jumping straight to the iPad and ignoring the iPhone may well have done.

Also, customers who had an iPad but not an iPhone/iPod and didn't want the full bells-and-whistles of the specific iPad version (see tml00's post) might still have been willing to purchase the cheaper universal version.

It could have even opened up the possibility of Omni offering upgrade pricing this way, by making the iPad specific versions an in-App purchase from the universal Apps. :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-10-25 at 06:52 AM..