View Single Post
I'm enjoying this thread as one who has veered many times away from OmniFocus, only to come crawling back over and over. My problem (really!) is not seeking the shinier, but true confusion about how to best manage the power of OF.

Like other posters, my true, changeable contexts are very few. I seperate out errands and phone calls, but otherwise find contexts to feel superficial and imposed. (When I've experimented with TaskPaper, I thought the multiple context ability made contexts feel useful).

So, against the advice above, I actually prefer to have more folders and fewer contexts. And against the advice of David Allen, I'm finding that I often (not always) prefer to work not by context, but by project.

Obviously contexable things (like errands) I do do in a clump (via context view), but more often, I like the feeling of powering through a project, even if it means switching contexts several times.

Not trying to be argumentative...always looking for a better way. Hope this thread continues!