View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
So, my question is: is there a way to change the default paragraph spacing for notes?
Unfortunately, no, I don't think so. About all you can do is set up the spacing in another app with a standard Mac OS X text view ruler (like TextEdit and Yojimbo and many, many others) and then copy and paste into OmniFocus.

I'm still hoping the standard Mac OS X text formatting ruler will be made available in the OmniFocus notes field. This was discussed back in April on this forum (Help with note formatting), but I suspect it was de-prioritized with all the sync stuff and iPhone app, which makes sense considering the release of the iTunes App Store and the huge market there for OmniFocus.

Not only would the text formatting ruler give you the ability to control paragraph spacing but also to set tab stops and indentions, text alignment, use OS X's text view lists and tables, and use the system-wide styles pulldown in OmniFocus' note field. Maybe they could even add non-contiguous selections by Command-clicking text and column selections by Option-dragging, like can be done in TextEdit and other OS X text views.

Here's a screenshot of some of these features in action in TextEdit. Imagine being able to do this in OmniFocus' notes field. That would be really nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	757

If you're interested in this, please let the Omni Group know (Help -> Send Feedback).

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-10-27 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Added screenshot from TextEdit