View Single Post
I frequently become dissatisfied with Omnifocus for Mac. Then I start changing its appearance and seeking out other products for testing. In terms of functionality there is little to complain about, however. OF works well enough and I know how to adjust it to my needs, I would probably qualify for the legendary black belt in OF-tuning. Yet I started hating it more and more and I think I know why. The thing is, I keep everything in it: errands, projects and tasks related to work, spouse, house maintenance, hobbies, ambitions and dreams. All neatly broken down into actionables, hundreds of them. As a result, just looking at OF makes me feel inadequate, depressed even. Yeah I know, I should use perspectives. In fact I always do. But I know all those things are still there, just below the surface.
So am moving a bit away from OF and GTD thinking. For simple errands and single actions that I used to push into my OF inbox, I started using the native Reminders app. Works well enough for that and instantly syncs between OS X and iOS. For work I now use an app that is a bit more business oriented than OF: Organize:Pro. And OF has become the great repository for all the rest. I look at it when I feel brave and have time to spare. Or sense that I missed something.
I feel better, my symptoms are alleviated. For now.