View Single Post
I agree Amilius. I sent this in a couple years ago, but can only imagine how many things OmniGroup gets asked for.

I would want more than password, but encryption. Especially if it's going to be in the cloud.

There is a level of GTD where it becomes more than the old fashioned grocery list. Once you start putting in your dreams, your ideas for new things to bring into the world, business ideas or relationship issues you are working through, the data becomes much more personal and important.

This is why I don't sync to any server, because it's wide open for anyone to look at.

There are many companies that wouldn't allow using OmniFocus because of the security issues.

You think apple is using it to map out the things to do for the next product?
You think they are syncing to the OmniFocus company server?

I've personally had odd occurrences happen at work where things on my action list are brought up, ideas taken before I have a chance to work them out. It's gotten to the point where I have my work OmniFocus database separate from my personal database, because i keep a lot of personal projects and ideas seperate. I have to choose which database I want on the iPhone, which is unfortunate, because then I don't have a way to capture ideas that are not work related. I keep the work database on the work computer and home database at home.

It's odd there is such a great reaction against this? Way more energy fighting against something that wouldn't affect a user if they didn't want to use it?

Makes you wonder about those posting with such vim and vigor against this idea? :)

Either they work for OmniGroup and don't want to put the effort into the change
Or
They are getting fed off others OmniFocus database
Or
They are really bored

I've heard on one of David's podcast that he uses a blackberry due to security issues with the iPhone.

Last edited by SpiralOcean; 2012-02-20 at 08:07 PM..